Tessica Brown just wanted to use some hairspray. But she ran out. So she grabbed some Gorilla Glue and put it in her hair to finish her ponytail.
- But, tragically, the incident caused “a monthlong effort to undo the damage, with many sympathizers following her journey” on TikTok, according to BuzzFeed News.
In a follow-up video, Brown tries to rub the glue out of her hair with shampoo. It doesn’t work.
- “This is the life I have to live,” she said in that video.
Brown eventually went to the hospital to seek help with her hair. But, per The New York Times, her hair hasn’t moved despite “more than 15 washes, various treatments and a trip to the emergency room.”
Gorilla Glue responded to the incident, saying it was “very sorry to hear” about the issue.
- “We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair,” the company wrote on Twitter. “We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best.”
- “I never was going to take this to social media. The reason I took this to social media was because I didn’t know what else to do,” she told Entertainment Tonight.
- “And I know somebody out there could have told me something. I didn’t think for one second when I got up the next morning it was gonna be everywhere,” she said.