- Time: 1:01 a.m. MST (12:01 a.m. PST)
- Location: Disney+
- Titles: Episode 6
- Run times: TBD
What’s the episode about?
OK, this next episode has the potential to be a big one. At the end of episode 5 — titled “We Interrupt This Program” — we were treated to a mind-bending twist that could switch up the fate of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) opened her door to see a silver-haired man standing in the doorway. He introduced himself as Pietro, the same name as Wanda’s brother who died in “Avengers: Age of Ultron.” OK, that was weird, especially since Wanda had said earlier in the same episode that people can’t be brought back from the dead.
- Then, we were treated to a bigger twist, which I wrote about for the Deseret News. The camera panned around to show us her brother Pietro, who is also the superhero Quicksilver. But did not look the same as he did in “Age of Ultron.” That’s because real-life actor Evan Peters replaced Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the role.
This is a big deal since Evan Peters played Quicksilver in Fox’s “X-Men” franchise, which might be our first indication that the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Fox “X-Men” franchise — which was once owned by 21st Century Fox and now owned by Disney — are mixing together, according to ComicBook.com.
The next episode could, in theory, go over the details of how this happened and what it means.
How to watch and stream
“WandaVision” is exclusively available on Disney+. You will need a subscription to the streaming service to watch the new Marvel show. You can be purchased for monthly or yearly rates at the Disney+ website. There are currently no free trial offers available.
- Disney+ costs $6.99 per month or $69.99 for the year
- Hulu and ESPN Plus can be bundled in for $12.99 per month.