Former “The Mandalorian” actress Gina Carano will be linking up with The Daily Wire for a new movie project, Deadline reports.
- Carano will develop, produce and star in the film.
- The Daily Wire plans to release the film to its members, according to Deadline.
Carano — who previously played Cara Dune in “Star Wars” — told Deadline:
- “The Daily Wire is helping make one of my dreams — to develop and produce my own film — come true. I cried out and my prayer was answered. I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob. I have only just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I hope it inspires others to do the same. They can’t cancel us if we don’t let them.”
The Daily Wire co-founder Ben Shapiro told Deadline:
- “We could not be more excited to be working with Gina Carano, an incredible talent dumped by Disney and Lucasfilm for offending the authoritarian Hollywood Left. This is what Daily Wire exists to do: provide an alternative not just for consumers, but for creators who refuse to bow to the mob,” said Daily Wire co-founder Shapiro.
- “We’re eager to bring Gina’s talent to Americans who love her, and we’re just as eager to show Hollywood that if they want to keep canceling those who think differently, they’ll just be helping us build the Xwing to take down their Death Star,” he added.
As I wrote for the Deseret News, Lucasfilm said Wednesday that Carano had been dropped from the “Star Wars” show and would no longer work with Lucasfilm.
- “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”
- Carano was also dropped by UTA, her agency.
- The decisions came after constant criticism from social media because of her posts about the COVID-19 vaccine, Democrats, face masks and voter fraud, among other political issues, as I wrote for the Deseret News. Most recently, she compared those who suffer attacks because of their political beliefs to Jewish people during Nazi Germany.