The new “Star Wars” trilogy from director Rian Johnson is reportedly still happening, but we don’t know much about it.
Author Sariah Wilson recently dished out some new details about Johnson’s upcoming “Star Wars” trilogy:
- “I’m just going to post this now because I can see that I’m going to get a lot of requests — Yes, Rian’s SW trilogy is still on. No dates or timelines because he has other projects going on, but it is happening. THAT IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT IT. “
I'm just going to post this now because I can see that I'm going to get a lot of requests -— Sariah Wilson (@sariahwilson) February 16, 2021
Yes, Rian's SW trilogy is still on. No dates or timelines because he has other projects going on, but it is happening.
THAT IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT IT. 😁😁😁
Do we know anything else?
In 2017, Disney announced Johnson would direct a new “Star Wars” trilogy set in the galaxy far-far away. it was unclear when in the “Star Wars” timeline the trilogy would take place. But Disney said it would take place outside the Skywalker saga, according to The Associated Press.
- “Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that ‘Star Wars’ lore has never before explored,” Disney said in a statement.
Similarly, producer Ram Bergman told From the Grapevine that the new trilogy will be “a completely new trilogy that writer-director Rian Johnson, my partner, is going to create.
“It’s all new characters. Everything is new.”
Didn’t he leave the project?
There had been a rumor from the website Super Bro Movies that suggested Johnson left the “Star Wars” franchise due to heavy fan backlash for his film “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” according to ComicBook.com.
- But, as I explained for the Deseret News, Johnson denied the rumors about leaving the trilogy.
- “No it isn’t true, I’m still working on the trilogy. With all due respect to the movie bros, who I’m sure are lovely kind bros with good fraternal intentions,” he wrote.