What’s going on?
StarWars.com and Marvel announced Tuesday that there will be a new Boba Fett series on the way. The announcement came days after a teaser image floated around the internet.
- The events of the comic book series will take place after the events of ”Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.”
- The series will connect with other comic book projects, including “Star Wars,” “Star Wars: Bounty Hunters,” “Star Wars: Darth Vader” and “Star Wars: Doctor Aphra.”
- The series will begin releasing issues in May.
- Editor in Chief CB Cebulski said in an email to the Deseret News: “I remember the chill that ran down my spine when I saw ‘Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back’ for the first time and the bounty hunters all came on screen. They only appeared for a split second, but left a lasting impact. And it’s a dream come true we can bring them all to life again, and pit them against each other, in ‘Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters,’ our first big galaxy-spanning crossover of the post-ESB era. Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM, IG-88 ... all hot on the trail of Boba Fett, looking to score the biggest bounty out there ... Han Solo!”
- Charles Soule told StarWars.com: “‘War of the Bounty Hunters’ is a story about Boba Fett doing his thing, but it builds into something much bigger, and that’s what the best comic crossovers and big stories do. They tell a great story in and of themselves, but they’re also the start of something, and they open a lot of new doors. And this story will absolutely do that.”