“Dateline NBC” has a new podcast that centers around the case of Lori Vallow Daybell.
- The podcast — called “Mommy Doomsday” — recounts the events of the case of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell, who were charged separately with working together to keep children’s remains hidden in what was a massive case and tragedy from the summer.
- The Daybells are accused in the same plot to keep her children’s bodies hidden from authorities, per the Deseret News. An Idaho judge ruled that a single trial would be more efficient and less of a burden on the families.
More on the podcast
- The “haunting podcast” comes from host Keith Morrison.
- The description reads: “Devotion. Darkness. Death.”
So far, the podcast has two episodes on Spotify. Here’s a breakdown of the two episodes:
- “The Start of Something Big” — “Lori is drawn to an end-times author. They’re both married to other people. That’s about to change.”
- “Ticking Time Bomb” — “Lori Vallow was a wife, mother and beauty pageant contestant. Then people around her started dying.”
More on the case
In June 2020, authorities found the remains of Joshua “JJ” Vallow and his sister, Tylee Ryan, in Chad Daybell’s yard in Salem, Idaho. The case drew worldwide attention due to the couple’s religious beliefs and deaths of their former partners, according to the Deseret News.