“WandaVision” will reportedly host its longest episode of the series on Friday.
What’s going on?
Per ComicBook.com, a noted “WandaVision” leaker said the next episode of the Marvel show will last for 47 minutes.
- The same leaker said that Episode 7 would be 37 minutes, which proved to be accurate, per ComicBook.com.
- “WandaVision” would likely have an hour-long finale, then, to meet the rumored six-hour runtime for the entire show, according to ComicBook.com.
- The show’s longest episode is Episode 5, which is 42 minutes.
- “Well, we’re looking a little differently. We’re looking at it as developing them as either six hour-episodes, or nine or 10 half-hour episodes,” Feige told Collider. “So, for instance, ‘WandaVision’ started that way and ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ as 30 minutes, but because it’s streaming, it’s Disney+, and the rules have blurred over the years, yes.”
Why the extra length?
It’s unclear what will happen in “WandaVision “ to extend its length. But Games Radar has two major theories about the extended length:
- “WandaVision” revealed a new villain in Agatha Harkness, which is the true Identity of Agnes. Adding her into the show will impact the penultimate episode.
- Similarly, Marvel unveiled its first mid-credits scene after Episode 7. The same could be in store for the next episodes, according to Games Radar.