- Kelsey Grammer — who starred as main character Frasier Crane — will repirse the role for the new show.
- “Frasier” ended 17 years ago.
- Grammer first appeared as Frasier on the ’80s sitcom “Cheers.” “Frasier” has often been considered a spinoff of “Cheers.”
What about the cast?
Per BBC News, Grammer confirmed the reboot, expressing his excitement for the show to return.
- ”I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane.
It’s unclear if Grammer’s supporting cast — David Hyde Pierce, who played Niles, and Jane Leeves, who played Daphne — will return for the show, according to CNN.
- “The revival will have everything you love about the original: coziness, great writing, and of course, a cast led by Kelsey Grammer,” Paramount+ said, according to CNN.
David Stapf, president of CBS Studios, said there had been a call from fans to bring back the show, according to NBC News.
- “There has long been a call from fans for its return, and that call is now answered,” he said.