Reviews.org has created a new challenge that will pay winners $2,400 to go without their screens for 24 hours.
- The challenge — which is a 24-hour no-screen challenge — looks to pay someone who can survive an entire day without looking at a screen, which is not so easy in a world where we’re dominated by technology, per Reviews.org.
- The company wrote on its website: “If you’ve got the desire to ditch your devices for a day but still need to get paid, this is the perfect opportunity for you.”
Should you apply?
The company wants people who are “burnt out from doomscrolling on your phone, re-watching old sitcoms” and those who want to maintain their “sanity during the pandemic.”
- Applicants can also include those who need to keep their phone alive and have wanted to compete in national reality competitions, according to Reviews.org.
- “We’re looking for someone who is definitely into tech but willing to challenge themselves,” the company said, according to Reviews.org.
What are the rules?
According to CNN, the winner will have to turn off their TV, computer, smartwatch, smart home devices and more for 24 hours.
- The challengers will receive a safe for their electronics, according to CNN. They will also receive a $200 Amazon gift card so they can create a tech survival kit, which should include anything without a screen like writing paper, typewriters or paintbrushes.
The challenge comes during a time when screen time is everything. A report from Common Sense Media in 2019 — and this is before the pandemic, which has only increased our screen time — found teenage Americans spend at least seven hours per day on a screen for entertainment.