“Dateline NBC” will air a new two-hour special on Friday night in which insiders will speak about Lori and Chad Daybell, the Idaho couple charged with the death of Lori’s children.
- The special — titled “Mommy Doomsday” — will air on Friday at 7 p.m. MDT.
The episode will feature Samantha Gwilliam, the sister of Tammy Daybell, who the former wife of Chad Daybell.
- Gwilliam will talk about how she felt when she discovered Tammy had died in her sleep.
- She will reportedly tell NBC that Tammy Daybell had “been sick and had a coughing fit and passed away.”
- Chad, she said, “sounded upset and devastated. I mean, I was crying and he was crying. It was a really hard moment.”
- “Shock has become a big word in my vocabulary. I mean, people are capable of doing the most horrific things that don’t make any sense. And you don’t understand why and what makes people think and behave the way they do.”
- “From the moment we first heard about it, it was pretty clear from the start that something very bad had happened to these children.”