Carrie Underwood is about to perform a free Easter concert. Here’s how to watch
The country superstar is bringing her new album of gospel classics to life from Nashville’s famed Ryman Auditorium
This Easter, the big performer is Carrie Underwood. The country superstar is bringing her new album of gospel classics to life from Nashville’s famed Ryman Auditorium.
About Carrie Underwood’s ‘My Savior’ album
- On April 4, Underwood will livestream a special performance of her new album “My Savior,” the Deseret News reported.
- Songs on the album, which came out on March 26, include “Amazing Grace,” “How Great Thou Art” and “Softly and Tenderly.”
- “I’ve been singing these songs my whole life,” Underwood recently told Grammy.com. “Even now I can still feel myself sitting in the church pews next to my parents, hearing my mom sing harmonies and hearing voices from people in the congregation. I feel like that still rings in my ear and it’s wonderful.”
- “My Savior” marks Underwood’s second album during the pandemic, the Deseret News reported. It’s also her first album of entirely Christian music.
How to watch Carrie Underwood’s Easter concert
- Underwood will perform “My Savior: Live from the Ryman” on Easter Sunday at 10 a.m. MT.
- The event will stream exclusively on Underwood’s Facebook page, and will be available to watch on demand for 48 hours, according to People.
- The concert will feature special guest artists, including Bear Rinehart from NEEDTOBREATHE and Grammy Award-winning gospel singer CeCe Winans, according to Underwood’s Instagram account. Both artists are featured on Underwood’s album.
- Although the virtual concert is free to watch, donations raised will benefit the nonprofit organization Save the Children.
- “We’re missing performing,” Underwood told Grammy.com. “Under normal circumstances, you make an album and then you get to tour it in front of an audience. Obviously, right now, we’re not quite there yet, but we still want a project this special to have that moment. We decided to go to our country music Mother Church, the Ryman, because it is spiritual. You walk in there and you feel it. I think it’s going to be an inspiring morning.”