“The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” star Wyatt Russell recently revealed that the future of Captain America might be up to fans.
Who is John Walker?
Wyatt Russell’s character John Walker has taken on the mantle of Captain America on “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” using the shield previously held by Steve Rogers, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- We’ve seen moments of Walker’s backstory, showing that he was pushed into the role as Captain America even though he didn’t necessarily want to take on the identity.
- But it remains unclear whether or not he will be Captain America for too much longer.
Captain America’s future after ‘TFATWS’
Russell told Entertainment Tonight that he has no impact on the future of Captain America. Fans, Marvel Studios and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige will have the biggest impact for the character’s future, according to Digital Spy.
- “You got to call Kevin (Feige). I don’t know,” he told Entertainment Tonight. “That’s something that Marvel — you’re not involved at all. That’s just something that, later on, becomes apparent or it doesn’t.
- “And it has a lot to do with what fans think, I think, and how they feel about you, where they want to see things go, and that’s so far out of my control that I just try to do a good job and hopefully this one is good — it’s good enough for them to make more.
- “But it’s above my pay grade.”