A new “Star Wars” comic book ended on a huge cliffhanger and twist, as it reunited two iconic characters who had been separated for years.
‘Star Wars’ comic reunites Han Solo and ...
The new “Star Wars” comic book event “Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters” has an interesting premise — bounty hunters are trying to steal Han Solo (who, at this point in the comic book story, is frozen in carbonite) from Boba Fett.
- The series takes place between “Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi” — a portion of the “Star Wars” storyline we haven’t really seen too much of.
The first issue of the series — “War of the Bounty Hunters #1” — shows us someone has stolen the frozen Han Solo from Boba Fett, according to ComicBook.com.
- And it appears that it is the Crimson Dawn crime syndicate with Qi’ra — his former romantic interest and friend from “Solo: A Star Wars Story” — as the orchestrator of the plan.
‘War of the Bounty Hunters,’ explained
“Star Wars” writer Charles Soule said the series came from an idea he has been itching to write since his early days as a “Star Wars” fan.
- “Boba Fett clearly doesn’t take Han Solo directly to Jabba’s palace,” Soule told StarWars.com. “Something had to happen in between that intervening time between ‘Empire’ and ‘Jedi.’ And I was like, ‘I would like to tell that story, and I would like it to be about Boba Fett and what happens to him.”
- He told StarWars.com: “‘War of the Bounty Hunters’ is a story about Boba Fett doing his thing, but it builds into something much bigger, and that’s what the best comic crossovers and big stories do. They tell a great story in and of themselves, but they’re also the start of something, and they open a lot of new doors. And this story will absolutely do that.”
- “I remember the chill that ran down my spine when I saw ‘Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back’ for the first time and the bounty hunters all came on screen. They only appeared for a split second, but left a lasting impact. And it’s a dream come true we can bring them all to life again, and pit them against each other, in ‘Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters,’ our first big galaxy-spanning crossover of the post-ESB era. Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM, IG-88 ... all hot on the trail of Boba Fett, looking to score the biggest bounty out there ... Han Solo!”