Here are all the fresh details about Avengers Campus that you need to know before you visit.
What is Avengers Campus?
The Avengers Campus is an immersive Marvel experience where guests can meet their favorite superheroes and visit locations that have connections to the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. In many ways, it’s similar to the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experience at Disneyland and Disney World.
- “Guests are invited to team up with the Avengers and their allies to live out their Super Hero dreams in this fully immersive land that mixes innovation with storytelling, and fun for all ages. Once guests step into Avengers Campus, they will be part of the action as it unfolds around them and their interactions with the Avengers and their allies,” Disney said in a release sent to the Deseret News.
- “CAMPUS” stands for Centralized Assembly Mobilized to Prepare, Unite and Safeguard.
- The Avengers Campus property was once owned by Howard Stark, the father of Tony Stark. When Tony Stark inherited it, he changed it to the Avengers Campus.
- There are Easter eggs hidden throughout the park for fans to find.
- Iron Man will wear his new Mark 80 armor in the park.
Which Marvel heroes will be at Avengers Campus?
The Avengers Campus will have a slew of heroes throughout the land, including:
- Doctor Strange
- Black Panther
- General Okoye and the Dora Milaje
- Black Widow
- Iron Man
- The Wasp
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Captain America
- Captain Marvel
Are there any rides or attractions?
Yes. So far there are two main rides.
- Webslingers: A Spider-Man Adventure — This is a new attraction at Disney parks. Guests will be immersed in a web-slinging experience where you actually feel like you’re Spider-Man, according to press materials sent to the Deseret News. There will be changes to your environment as well using virtual technology.
- Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: BREAKOUT! — This ride used to be the Hollywood Hotel or Tower of Terror, whichever name you call it. It’s basically the ride where you get inside a massive elevator and have to ride it down at a fast speed. Disney rebranded the ride with the Guardians of the Galaxy characters a few years back so this is already in existence at the parks.
Is there food at Avengers Campus?
- Shawarma Palace is a quick shawarma spot where you can pick up some food. It’s similar to the shawarma location that the Avengers visited in the Battle of New York in “The Avengers” film.
- The Pym Tasting Lab has food of different sizes and shapes. There’s even a sandwich that costs $100 and it can feed six to eight people.