- For example, all the stores in the Chicago area will close by the middle of September, according to WGN-TV.
- Per NJ.com, four of the five Disney Stores in New Jersey will be closing, too.
- And there will be another 11 out of 14 stores in the Los Angeles area closing.
- The only Disney store in Orlando outside of those within the Walt Disney World resort will close, too, according to Fox Business.
Is the Salt Lake City Disney Store still open?
Why are Disney Stores closing?
Disney said in March that it would be shutting at least 60 retail stores in North America by the end of 2021, according to Reuters. Many of the shutdowns are linked to the coronavirus pandemic, which has shifted how Disney has viewed its retail market.
- “While consumer behavior has shifted toward online shopping, the global pandemic has changed what consumers expect from a retailer,” Stephanie Young, Disney’s president of consumer products, games and publishing told Reuters.