The undefeated Amy Schneider surpassed Matt Amodio’s 38-game winning steak on Monday, making her the contestant with the second-highest number of consecutive streaks in the show’s history.
Before the game, she said to Amodio, “It’s going to be an honor playing against you, and it’s going to be a tight competition.”
- “It still feels unreal,” Schneider said, per CNN. “Knowing that I had this chance, I was definitely thinking about it.”
- “I thought, ‘All right, I just accomplished this huge thing’ and it was pretty great.”
Per The New York Times, throughout the show, Schneider has given a correct response 95% of the time.
- Her 39-day total is $1,319,800, putting her in fourth place for regular season play winnings, $200,000 behind Amodio’s $1,518,601.
- Ken Jennings leads with $2,520,700, with James Holzhauer right behind him with $2,462,216.
- That isn’t the only record Schneider hopes to beat. Her eyes are set on Jennings’ 74-game streak from 2004, the longest streak in the quiz show’s history.
But unlike other champions, like Holzhauer and Amodio, she doesn’t have a strategy in mind. Per USA Today, she plays the game straightforwardly by sticking to one category, top to bottom.
Her next game is on Tuesday.