Taylor Swift has decided to donate $1,300 towards two young girls who are raising funds to help people of color in their church.
What’s the news:
- Minneapolis residents Yasmine Norman and Grace Norman posted a video to Instagram in which they explain they were going to buy a “big haul” of hair and skincare products to bring to a local church. The products would be for people and families of color, according to People magazine.
- The video had Swift’s song “Only the Young” playing over it.
- Swift reportedly saw the clip and decided to donate $1,300 toward the products.
- Swift sent a note to the Norman girls, which read: “Yasmine and Grace, thank you SO MUCH for everything you’re doing to help people. Here’s a gift for this run, please let me know about anything in the future! Love, Taylor.”
THANK YOU @taylorswift13 You amaze me ❤️ @grace_norman27 and I will be doing a supply run in Minneapolis to help families in need, many who’ve been affected my the riots. If you would like to donate you can Venmo me: Yasmine-Norman— Yasmine Norman (@YasmineNorm) June 12, 2020
Or cash app: $YasmineNorman#BlackLivesMattter pic.twitter.com/nmvbkidaXy
Something similar happened in Utah
- A Utah nurse had an interaction with Swift that went viral back in May after she visited a New York City hospital to help people with the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Deseret News. She came back to find a letter from Swift waiting for her.
- The nurse, Whitney Hilton, saw her story make headlines at “Good Morning America,” CNN and other media outlets.
- Swift sent her a note with the letter, which read: “I can’t thank you enough for risking your life to help people and for spreading the message loudly that people need to hear, about taking this seriously.”