The 191st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, held at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Oct. 2-3, featured the return of live performances from the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square, a look inside the renovation of the Salt Lake Temple and the announcement of 13 new temple locations.
President Russell M. Nelson opened the conference by speaking to the global faith, which now numbers 16.6 million members around the world. He closed the conference with his temple announcement, which included news that the Provo Utah Temple will undergo renovations.
Following are complete talk summaries from TheChurchNews.com and photo galleries from each session.
Saturday morning session
- President Russell M. Nelson: ‘Pure Truth, Pure Doctrine and Pure Revelation’
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: ‘The Greatest Possession’
- President Bonnie H. Cordon: ‘Here for Something Grand’
- Elder Ulisses Soares: ‘The Savior’s Abiding Compassion’
- Elder D. Todd Christofferson: ‘The Love of God’
- Elder Clark G. Gilbert: ‘Becoming More in Christ: The Parable of the Slope’
- Elder Patricio M. Giuffra: ‘A Faithful Search Rewarded’
- President Dallin H. Oaks: ‘The Need for a Church’
Saturday afternoon session
- Elder David A. Bednar: ‘With the Power of God in Great Glory’
- Elder Ciro Schmeil: ‘Faith to Act and Become’
- Sister Susan H. Porter: ‘God’s Love: The Most Joyous to the Soul’
- Elder Erich W. Kopischke: ‘Addressing Mental Health’
- Elder Ronald A. Rasband: ‘The Things of My Soul’
- Elder Christoffel Golden: ‘Preparing for The Second Coming of Christ’
- Elder Moisés Villanueva: ‘Favored of the Lord in All My Days’
- Elder Gary E. Stevenson: ‘Simply Beautiful — Beautifully Simple’