What’s going on: The funeral home in Kettering, Ohio, was allowed to sign a book to remember Bryant and his daughter, Gianna, who died in a helicopter crash in January.
- The Routsong Funeral Home will hold onto the book at the funeral home before giving it to the Bryant family, according to WDTN-TV.
- People can still sign the book on Wednesday, Feb. 5, and Thursday, Feb. 6, WHIO reports.
- Owner Lori Diaz said people came out to the funeral home.
- Lori Diaz: “Everybody just wanted to do something and I think that is what people were able to do today.”
Bigger picture: The bodies of Kobe Bryant and Gianna Bryant — along with the seven others died in the crash — were returned to their families this week, according to CNN.
- MEAWW said: “The news might mean that a memorial service for Kobe, which has so far seen multiple unforeseen delays, can finally go ahead. Sources with knowledge of the situation had dampened the hopes of a memorial taking place any time soon just last week.”
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti told USA Today: “We don’t have that date finalized, but we’ve been talking every day to the Lakers, and most importantly, to (Bryant’s widow, Vanessa) as well.”