The Utah Jazz recently tweeted out a video of the best Jerry Sloan quotes ... well, the ones fit to print that is.
Enjoy some of the colorful coach’s phrases below.
No one could turn a phrase quite like the kid from McLeansboro ❤️ pic.twitter.com/jhIIyzfk86— utahjazz (@utahjazz) May 27, 2020
- “I have a phone but I don’t know how to use it that way.”
- “I was too much of a plowhorse to be in the category with those guys.”
- “This is actually the score?” (After the Bulls’ 96-54 win over the Jazz in the Finals)
- “Legs, I lied to you yesterday. I’m going to need one more game out of you.”
- “All I need’s just a lean-to to stay in, that’s about all I need. I need a bed and a place to go shower, and that’s about it.”
- “I don’t even have a computer. I don’t know how to turn one on.”
- “You know where I got these shoes? On the ground here in Salt Lake.”
- “You can’t be sitting back and get your nose busted every night and say, ‘I’m not going to do anything about it.”
- “I don’t know if we’re scared of Wolves or what.”
Some more personal favorites ...
- “You can’t play backwards.”
- “These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.”
- “He’s got talent, but it’s important for him to stay focused on what we’re trying to do and not be jackpotting around.”