SALT LAKE CITY — BYU has officially added a fifth game to its 2020 schedule, announcing a Sept. 19 matchup against fellow independent Army in West Point, New York, at Michie Stadium.
BYU’s 2020 football schedule
- BYU 55, Navy 3
- Sept. 19 at Army (Postponed)
- BYU 48, Troy 7
- Oct. 2 vs. Louisiana Tech, 7 p.m., ESPN2
- Oct. 10 vs. UTSA, 1:30 p.m., ESPN
- Oct. 16 at Houston, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
- Oct. 24 vs. Texas State, Time and TV TBA
- Oct. 31 vs. Western Kentucky, Time and TV TBA
- Nov. 7, at Boise State, Time and TV TBA
- Nov. 21 vs. North Alabama, Time and TV TBA
All times MDT
The news confirms reports earlier this week about the matchup, and BYU revealed further detail, including that the game will be a 1:30 p.m. MDT kickoff and will be televised on CBS.
This year’s game is also part of a two-game football series, with Army scheduled to visit Provo in November 2032.
The 2020 matchup, if the season is played, will be the first meeting of the two schools.
“It’s a real honor for BYU football to play in Michie Stadium, one of the most historic venues in college football,” BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe said in a statement. “We are very excited to visit the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and play the Black Knights.”