A promising start to Zack Moss’ first career playoff game was overshadowed by the way his day ended: being carted off the field with an ankle injury.
Utah’s all-time leading rusher was hurt on a 6-yard gain on the second play of the fourth quarter during the Buffalo Bills’ 27-24 win over the Indianapolis Colts on wild-card weekend Saturday. The Bills scored a touchdown on the next play to take a 24-10 lead.
NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reported the fear is Moss is out for the remainder of the playoffs.
Moss earned the start at running back and had 21 rushing yards on seven carries prior to getting hurt. He also had four receptions for 26 yards.
Here’s a look at how other Utah ties on active rosters performed Saturday:
Bills 27, Colts 24
- Jordan Devey, OL, Snow College and American Fork High: Not active for game (elevated from practice squad for wild card weekend).
- Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State: Started at cornerback, 6 tackles (5 solo), 1 tackle for loss on a third-and-goal from the 1-yard line that led to a turnover on downs one play later.
- Julian Blackmon, S, Utah and Layton High: Started at free safety, 5 solo tackles.
- Noah Togiai, TE, Hunter High: Not active for game.
Rams 30, Seahawks 20
- Matt Gay, K, Utah and Orem High: Made field goals of 40, 39 and 36 yards and hit 3 extra-point attempts.
- Cody Barton, LB, Utah and Brighton High: 1 special teams tackle.
- Bryan Mone, DT, Highland High: 1 assisted tackle.
- Bobby Wagner, MLB, Utah State: Started at middle linebacker, 16 tackles (11 solo), 1 sack, 1 tackle for loss, 1 quarterback hurry. He made stops on a third down in Seattle territory, then an assisted tackle for no gain on a fourth-down play late in the game.
Buccaneers 31, Football Team 23
- No Utah ties on roster.
- Jared Norris, LB, Utah: Played as a reserve.
- Alex Smith, QB, Utah: Not active for game.