Last week, Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell told reporters that he was planning on participating in the 3-point contest during the NBA’s All-Star festivities in Atlanta on March 7.
On Tuesday, that was made official, and the rest of Mitchell’s competition was also announced. Here’s who will be joining him:
- Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
- Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls
- Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
In the Jazz’s 3-pointer happy offense, Mitchell is tied with teammate Jordan Clarkson for seventh-most 3-point attempts in the NBA per game at 8.6 and he is 12th in 3-pointers made per game at 3.3. He has connected on exactly 38% of his attempts from beyond the arc this season.
Mitchell, of course, will also be competing in the All-Star Game with teammate Rudy Gobert and coach Quin Snyder. The 24 All-Stars will be drafted into two teams on Thursday night. Snyder, who on Tuesday was named Western Conference Coach of the Month for February, will coach the team captained by LeBron James.
In addition to the 3-point shootout, the fields for the Skills Challenge and Slam Dunk contest were also announced Tuesday.
- Robert Covington, Portland Trail Blazers
- Julius Randle, New York Knicks
- Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
- Domantas Sabonis, Indiana Pacers
- Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns
- Nikola Vucevic, Orlando Magic
SLAM DUNK CONTEST
- Anfernee Simons, Portland Trail Blazers
- Cassius Stanley, Indiana Pacers
- Obi Toppin, New York Knicks