A passenger traveling from Miami to Atlanta recently struck a Delta flight attendant in front of other passengers, and it appears to have started over Delta’s face mask policy.
- Another passenger stands near the two women.
- The flight attendant and woman talk a bit more. The woman moves closer to the flight attendant. There’s some commotion from the passengers.
- The woman then strikes the flight attendant in the face.
- Protests and jeers begin soon after, directed at the woman.
The incident reportedly occurred on a Delta flight on Monday, Yahoo News reports.
This has happened before
Delta has been at the center of the face mask controversy on flights. Delta has reportedly banned at least 270 people from flights for refusing to wear face masks on flights, as I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- The company turned an entire flight around because people refused to wear masks, as I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- Another flight returned to its gate and removed a passenger who refused to wear a mask, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- “People should wear masks that cover both the mouth and nose when waiting or, traveling on, or departing from public. People should also wear masks at an airport, bus or ferry terminal, train or subway station, seaport or similar area that provides transportation.”