What’s going on?
- According to the New York Post, Shapiro chooses the quotes based on their popularity and how they show the vibe of the given moment.
The entire list
Here’s the top 10, according to the Associated Press:
1. “Wear a mask.” — Dr. Anthony Fauci, CNN interview, May 21.
2. “I can’t breathe.” — George Floyd, plea to police officer, Minneapolis, May 25.
3. “One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear,” President Donald Trump remarks at an African American History Month reception at the White House, Feb. 27.
4. “I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?” — Trump, in remarks at a White House Coronavirus Task Force news briefing, April 23.
5. “I will never lie to you. You have my word on that.” — White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, at her first press briefing, May 1.
6. “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.” — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, statement dictated to granddaughter Clara Spera, September.
7. “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.” — Joe Biden, in an interview with “The Breakfast Club” radio program, May 22.
8. “The science should not stand in the way of this.” — McEnany talking about school reopenings in a news briefing, July 16.
9. “You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier.” — Biden at campaign event, Hampton, N.H., Feb.
10. “We are all Lakers today.” — Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers after the death of Kobe Bryant, Orlando, Fla., Jan. 26.