- The Georgia family visited South Florida for a wedding so they decided to rent out an Airbnb home for their stay in Miami, according to Fox News.
- The family discovered an alligator in the lake outside the rental home on May 16.
- The alligator caught the attention of the family’s dog, Rascal, who barked at the creature all day.
- Dave Jacobs told the Miami New Times: “We thought that was pretty cute. Then, the next day, it just showed up in the pool.”
- Jacobs said: “I guess it’s not that unusual, but it was unusual to me.”
- Jacobs said his wife called the Airbnb owner, who called a gator wrangler, who fished the animal out of the pool.
Oh, yeah, and there’s video footage
The Hillsborough County Sherrif’s Office posted a video about the police helping move the alligator out of the home.
According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the trapper of the alligator can assume the reptile as property.