Staying safe from the coronavirus pandemic now could include wearing a hooded sweatshirt.
What’s going on:
- There’s a video of a new hoodie going viral. It includes a hoodie as a face shield and a “sneeze sleeve,” which can help people protect themselves against COVID-19.
- Mashable said: “The hoodie was designed to make being safe fashionable.”
- A 50-second video fromMashableexplains the hoodie comes with a sewn-in face mask that can be removed for washing.
- There’s a sneeze sleeve that lets you sneeze into the arm. The hoodie comes with pockets for tissues or napkins, gloves to touch surfaces and a face shield with a yellow tint.
Where to see it:
Fashion during a pandemic
- Fashion designers in China have created clothing lines amid the COVID-19 pandemic, which includes “stylish protective wear for the coronavirus era, from silk masks to a windbreaker,” according to the South China Morning Post.
- Designer Liu Weicreated windbreakers that are germ resistance and breathable, too, according to the Morning Post.
- Liu said: “They combine fashion and function. They are made with waterproof, anti-static and dust-resistant fabric with a germ-resistant layer underneath which meets the standards required for the protective clothing of medical personnel. With good ventilation, they can release sweat.”