What’s going on:
- In an interview with his son Donald Trump Jr., the president talked about a variety of topics, which included what the U.S. government knows about aliens, according to Fox News.
- Trump Jr. asked: “Before you leave office, will you let us know if there’s aliens? Because this is the only thing I really want to know. I want to know what’s going on. Would you ever open up Roswell and let us know what’s going on there?”
- President Trump responded: “So many people ask me that question. There are millions and millions of people that want to go there, that want to see it. I won’t talk to you about what I know about it but it’s very interesting. But Roswell is a very interesting place with a lot of people that would like to know what’s going on.”
- Trump Jr. asked his father to declassify information about Roswell.
- Trump said: “I’ll have to think about that one.”
- It’s unclear if the father and son were talking about Roswell or about Area 51 in Nevada.
Trump on aliens: “I won’t talk to you about what I know about it, but it’s very interesting.” pic.twitter.com/qndmlLxy8T— Doug Daily (@missionisgreat) June 19, 2020
Some extra context:
- Earlier this year, the Pentagon released three UFO videos from the U.S. Navy pilots. The footage had been leaked previously, prompting people to wonder if they were real, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- The Pentagon released the three videos “to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether the footage that has been circulating was real or whether there is more to the videos,” according to the Department of Defense.