- The shark’s teeth were as big as human hands.
- The fin was as tall as a human adult.
What’s going on?
- The giant shark would have been about 59 feet long and weighed 48 tons. That is larger than any shark ever known to exist.
- The teeth were about as big as human hands with a bite force of 10 tons. For comparison, a regular great white shark has a bite force of 2 tons. Good luck.
More about the shark
- “Megalodon was actually the very animal that inspired me to pursue palaeontology in the first place at just six years old, so I was over the moon to get a chance to study it.”
- “This was my dream project. But to study the whole animal is difficult considering that all we really have are lots of isolated teeth.”