Tessica Brown — who became a viral sensation after she applied Gorilla Glue to her hair — has debuted her new hairstyle after a hair appointment on Valentine’s Day.
Brown ran out of hairspray when she was styling her hair. So she decided to put in Gorilla Glue, which led to a “a monthlong effort to undo the damage, with many sympathizers following her journey” on TikTok, according to BuzzFeed News.
- She shared a video of the incident on TikTok, which amassed 20 million views. The video shows her finishing her hair.
- In a follow-up video, she tried to rub out the glue. It doesn’t work.
- The New York Times reported that her hair hadn’t moved despite “more than 15 washes, various treatments and a trip to the emergency room.”
According to TMZ, the Louisiana woman had the glue surgically removed from her head last week.
- Her procedure reportedly lasted four hours to remove the Gorilla Glue, according to the New York Post. Plastic surgeon Michael Obeng reportedly performed the surgery — which normally costs $12,500 — for free.
- Brown earned about $20,000 in donations from fans who supported her in getting her hair fixed — which Brown said she’ll donate most of the money she received. She also reportedly signed an agent, so she may pop up in the future, according to the New York Post.