- The FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) voted to approve the vaccine for those 18 years old and up.
The vaccine would become available to all Americans if the FDA accepts the recommendations, according to CNN.
Per CNBC, the FDA often follows the recommendations from the advisory committee. Previously, the FDA authorized vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna.
- “If J&J’s follows the pattern, a third vaccine could be authorized on Saturday,” per CNBC.
- The analysis said that the J&J vaccine is 66.1% effective in preventing moderate to severe symptoms of the novel coronavirus, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- There were no deaths among those who received the vaccine, The Wall Street Journal reports.
- “When you have a company like Johnson & Johnson that has a very good track record with pharmaceuticals, to have them be in the mix with the other two is nothing but good news.”