A new map reveals where Dogecoin has become popular amid its popular spike.
Where Dogecoin is popular
A team at someka.net — which measure heat maps and data — put together a map that shows the top 10 states where people are talking about Dogecoin.
Here are the top 10 states talking about DogeCoin.
- South Carolina
- New York
- The map uses trends software with access to geotagging Twitter information.
- The researchers often create heat maps based on all types of trending topics and create data visuals based on their information, according to a press release sent to the Deseret News.
- The map specifically measured tweets, hashtags and keywords linked to Dogecoin, including #doge, #dogecoin, #dogecrypto, #dogeday, #dogecoinday, #dogeinvestor and other tweets.
- Overall, the researchers reviewed 3 million tweets, according to a press release sent to the Deseret News.
Recent Dogecoin spike
The Dogecoin cryptocurrency — which started as a meme online — jumped 20% in recent days, which ballooned it to a value of $0.32 per coin, according to CNBC. That’s near the all-time high of $0.45.
- To put that in perspective, Dogecoin was worth about $0.0023 per coin in summer 2020.