Kraft Heinz, the makers of Capri Sun, have voluntarily recalled 5,760 cases of Wild Cherry Capri Sun after a cleaning solution used on its equipment was “inadvertently introduced” into a production line.
Why it matters: Cleaning supplies can be highly toxic and even deadly if ingested, especially in children. According to Village Emergency Centers, consuming cleaner may result in:
- Abdominal pain.
- Burns in the mouth and throat.
- Bloody stool and/or vomit.
What they’re saying: In a statement by Kraft Heinz, the company said that the recall applies to all Wild Cherry Capri Sun products made and sold in the U.S. with a “best when used by” date of June 25, 2023.
- According to Kraft Heinz, “The issue was discovered after we received several consumer complaints about the taste of the affected product.”
- “The Company is actively working with retail partners and distributors to remove potentially impacted product from circulation,” the statement read.
- The company advised those who bought the recall items to not consume them and to return them to the store where they were purchased.
Details: If you’d like to check if your packs of Capri Sun are a part of the recall or are looking to receive reimbursement, you can call Kraft Heinz at 1-800-280-8252 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.