Utah will take a major step toward COVID-19 vaccination Wednesday as the state will open up eligibility to everyone 16 and older.
- Appointments have already begun to fill up across Utah, the Deseret News reported.
- The decision to open up vaccination will add about 1 million people to a list of those eligible for the vaccine.
How to book a vaccine appointment
You can look for appointments through links on Utah’s coronavirus.utah.gov website Tuesday.
- Booking an appointment can be done in multiple ways. You just need to contact your local health department to schedule your vaccination or you can book an appointment online through the coronavirus.utah.gov website. You can also ask any vaccination questions to your health department.
Things to know before you book a vaccine appointment
- People must schedule your appointment ahead of time.
- Don’t show up without an appointment.
- “Please understand we have limited vaccines and that appointments will fill up quickly. It may take a few tries to get an appointment,” according to the Utah coronavirus vaccine page.
What if you can’t find a vaccine appointment in Utah?
Hudachko, the spokesman for the Utah health department, told the Deseret News that those who can’t find an appointment should remain patient.
- “Each time we’ve opened eligibility to additional groups we’ve created more demand than we have supply. If somebody can’t find an appointment today, keep trying,” he said.
Davis County Health Department spokesman Trevor Warner said more vaccine opportunities may come soon.
- “If we somehow fall into extra vaccine, then appointments will be added and people could get in sooner, but that’s a big if.”
How to book a vaccine appointment in Utah over the phone:
Here are the phone numbers and contact info for all of the health departments listed on the website:
- Utah Department of Health
- Bear River Health Department (Box Elder, Cache, and Rich counties)
- Central Utah Public Health Department (Juab, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier and Wayne counties)
- Davis County Health Department
- Salt Lake County Health Department
- San Juan Public Health Department
- Southeast Utah Health Department (Carbon, Emery and Grand counties)
- Southwest Utah Public Health Department (Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Washington counties)
- Summit County Health Department
- Tooele County Health Department
- TriCounty Health Department (Daggett, Duchesne and Uintah counties)
- Utah County Health Department
- Wasatch County Health Department
- Weber-Morgan Health Department (Morgan and Weber counties)