Utah police were called to an ‘incident’ involving Gabby Petito, boyfriend 2 weeks before she went missing
Why Utah police were called to an incident with Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito
Did Utah respond to an incident with Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie?
On Tuesday, Fox News obtained a report that said Utah police were called to “an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito roughly two weeks before she was last seen and a month before she was officially reported missing.”
Moab Police Chief Bret Edge confirmed the report to the Deseret News in an email. He said the incident did not lead to any criminal charges.
- “Our officers did respond to an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petito on 12 August 2021, however, neither Brian or Gabrielle were the reporting party,” Edge said in an email to the Deseret News.
- “Officers conducted an investigation and determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges,” he said.
More details of the incident were not available.
What happened to Gabrielle Petito?
Petito’s disappearance has captured the nation’s attention. Petito, a 22-year-old woman from New York, went missing after a road trip with her boyfriend, Laundrie. She spent weeks in Utah leading up to her disappearance, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
Did Gabby Petito come to Utah?
- One of the last photos showed her holding a small knit pumpkin in front of a mural of butterflies in Ogden.
The couple had been traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van, which had Florida plates. It was recovered on Saturday.
Where was Gabby Petito last seen?
However, Suffolk County Police in New York said in a statement this week that Petito’s last known appearance was at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
- The Sublette County Sheriff’s Office in Wyoming said it is still looking for Petito.
- “It’s scary and it’s nerve-wracking. We don’t sleep. We’re just actively looking for her,” said her mother, Nichole Schmidt, according to CBS New York.