Utah is a side hustle state.
By the numbers: The study found 3.8% of Utah workers had a side hustle.
- Only 2.5% of the national workforce has a side hustle.
- $77,200 is the median total income for Utah workers with a side hustle.
- Utah had the fourth-highest residents with side hustles.
- About 40,838 people in Utah had a side hustle.
National level: The Midwestern and Great Plains had a higher amount of people with side hustles compared to the rest of the country.
- South Dakota ranked first with 4.6% of its workers having a side hustle.
- Nebraska ranked second with 4.2%.
Method: To find this, BackgroundChecks conducted an analysis of data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2019 American Community Survey Public Use Microdata Sample.
One more thing: Provo-Orem in Utah was the city with the highest amount of people with side hustles in the entire country.
- The city has about 9,908 workers with side hustles, per the report.