Serial killer John Wayne Gacy is offering his thoughts at $1.99 a minute on a 900 telephone line that prosecutors want to disconnect.
Gacy is awaiting execution May 10 for killing 33 men and boys.Callers can hear a 12-minute recorded interview in which Gacy calls himself "the 34th victim" and claims someone else committed the murders and buried the bodies in the crawl space of his suburban home.
Gacy also answers what he calls some of the most-asked questions about his trial and the slayings, which occurred between 1972 and 1978.
Gacy and All Star Communications of Boca Raton, Fla., set up the line, which began operating March 1. Gacy attorney Gregory Adamski said All Star would split the profits with a Gacy defense fund or a victims fund.
Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris said he would sue Gacy to shut down the 900 line and recover any profits. Burris previously filed a lawsuit to ensure that Gacy wouldn't profit from sales of clown pictures he painted.