LOS ANGELES — The doctor who was with Michael Jackson when he died and is now the center of a manslaughter probe posted a short video Tuesday thanking his supporters.

In the one-minute video, posted on YouTube, a weary-looking Dr. Conrad Murray thanks friends and patients and refers to his two interviews with Los Angeles police detectives. It was the first time Murray had spoken publicly since Jackson died June 25.

"I have done all I could do," a solemn-sounding Murray says as he looks into the camera. "I told the truth, and I have faith the truth will prevail."

The video was recorded last week at a private residence in Houston, said Miranda Sevcik, the spokeswoman for Murray's lawyer.

After Jackson died, Murray received death threats, hired a bodyguard and was forced into seclusion at his Las Vegas home, Sevcik said. He also has received many calls from patients, former patients and strangers offering him support.

"Because of all that is going on, I am afraid to return phone calls or use my e-mail," Murray says. "I recorded this video to let all of you know that I have been receiving your message.s ... Your messages give me strength and courage and keep me going. They mean the world to me."

Since Jackson's death, Murray has not worked and has closed his Las Vegas practice.

The doctor was in dire financial shape when he signed on with Jackson earlier this year at $150,000 a month, owing at least $780,000 in judgments and outstanding payments.

Sevcik said the only reason Murray made the video was to address supporters, but she added Murray told her he misses being able to work.

"He says he wants to get back to work, he really does genuinely care about the people he works with," Sevcik said. "He has to just wait, he's in limbo."