Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said most indoor spots should be avoided right now, according to Yahoo! Life. Specifically, here’s what he said.
- Just don’t go to bars. “Bars are really problematic,” Fauci told Kaiser Health News, according to Yahoo! Life. “I have to tell you, if you look at some of the outbreaks that we’ve seen, it’s when people go into bars, crowded bars.”
- Avoid indoor restaurants — especially if filled to capacity. Fauci recommended people avoid sitting in a restaurant and order takeout instead. Restaurants should especially avoided if its filled to capacity.
- Be careful with hairdressers. Enter a hairdresser’s spot with caution, Fauci said. Make sure everyone is wearing masks.
- Avoid indoor gatherings with people you don’t live with. Fauci said COVID-19 is mainly spreading through congregate settings.
- Fauci told ABC News: “But, you know, that’s what happens when you’re in a situation where you have surges related to so many factors inconsistent adhering to the public health measures, the winter months coming in right now with the cold allowing people or essentially forcing people to do most of their things indoors as opposed to outdoors. And then the traveling associated with the holiday season is all of the ingredients that unfortunately make for a situation that is really terrible.”