Laundrie and his girlfriend, Gabby Petito, went on a cross-country road trip in the summer. Laundrie returned home alone on Sept. 1. Petito’s parents reported her missing 10 days later after they were unable to speak to Laundrie or his family.
Taylor told CNN the police did not speak with Laundrie before he disappeared. However, they were watching him as legally as they could.
In fact, police did not see Laundrie when they went to his house on Sept. 11, according to CNN.
It was on Sept. 13 that Laundrie reportedly went on a hike. He never returned from that hike. On Sept. 17, his family reported him missing, saying that they hadn’t spoken to him in a few days.
Two days later, officials found Petito’s body outside of a Wyoming national park. She was confirmed to have died by homicide, but the cause of death has not been revealed. She was recently confirmed to have died by strangulation.
Since then, there has been a search for Laundrie, most of it centered around the Carlton Reserve in Venice, Florida. The search drew more attention after the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Laundrie for “use of unauthorized access device.” Laundrie had allegedly used Petito’s bank card three days after she was seen alive.
According to multiple reports, Laundrie’s dad, Chris Laundrie was asked to help with the search for his son. The Laundrie family’s lawyer, Steven Bertolino, told NewsNation Now reporter Brian Entin that Chris Laundrie was asked to help with the search this week at the Carlton Reserve.
“Chris Laundrie is assisting Law Enforcement today in the search for Brian. Chris was asked to point out any favorite trails or spots that Brian may have used in the preserve. Although Chris and Roberta Laundrie provided this information verbally 3 weeks ago it is now thought that on-site assistance may be better,” Bertolino said in a statement sent to Entin. “The preserve has been closed to the public and the Laundries as well but the parents have been cooperating since the search began.”
Bertolino told the New York Post earlier this week that the Laundrie family has wanted to help with the search for their son.
“Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be,” Bertolino told the New York Post.
“Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist,” he added.