This ‘Mandalorian’ actor Giancarlo Esposito says Gina Carano was the best actor to work with ‘Star Wars’ show
An actor from ‘The Mandalorian’ praised Gina Carano, who no longer appears on the show
- “I have to say, and this may be... Okay, I’ll say it without hesitation: Gina Carano,” Giancarlo Esposito said at the Fan Expo Denver event. “I’m not gonna weigh in on any of that in particular other than, any of her political beliefs or what she said, whether I think it’s inappropriate or appropriate or not. We as actors probably sometimes — I know for me — I should just shut my mouth. But sometimes I can’t. I gotta say what I believe because it has to go on record.
- “I loved working with her. She’s warm and beautiful and wonderful, and you know, I don’t care what her politics are. I love the fact that she came to acting late and that she was so raw and original and beautiful, and I just think she’s a lovely person. So I shout her out and say she’s one of my favorites.”
Carano is no longer on “The Mandalorian.” Carano, who played New Republic Marshal Cara Dune on the show, severed ties with Disney and Lucasfilm after her social media posts created an online backlash.
- The posts were centered on the COVID-19 vaccine, Democrats, face masks and voter fraud, among other hot-button political issues.
- Carano also posted an Instagram story that compared Jewish people being attacked in Nazi Germany to how people are treated in 2020 because of their political beliefs, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- “She was an absolute sweetheart,” Burr said, according to The Blaze.