“The Book of Boba Fett” will mark a return to the “Star Wars” universe, bringing us back to a galaxy far, far away for the first time since “The Mandalorian” Season 2 finale last year.
- The show will follow legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand, who are traveling through the galaxy’s underworld.
- The show is based on an end-credits scene during the Season 2 finale of “The Mandalorian,” where Boba Fett took the throne from Jabba the Hutt.
- Time: 1:01 a.m. MST (12:01 a.m. PST).
- Location: Disney+.
- Episode title: TBD.
What will the episode be about?
The first episode of “The Book of Boba Fett” will likely start after the events seen in “The Mandalorian” Season 2 finale, when Boba Fett sat on the throne of Jabba the Hutt.
- The scene was significant because Fett had previously spent time at Jabba’s palace after capturing Han Solo.
We’ll probably learn more about Fett’s return to life. When Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa and Lando Calrissian came to free Solo, Jabba threatened to throw them into the deadly Sarlaac Pit.
- Fett was thought to have died in the Sarlaac Pit, as seen in “Return of the Jedi.”
And lastly, the trailers appear to show Fett making his way to different groups, looking to strike an alliance now that he is the ruler of Jabba’s palace. It’s unclear what this will lead to.
How to watch and stream ‘The Book of Boba Fett’
To watch “The Book of Boba Fett” on Disney+ you will need a subscription.
- Disney+ currently costs $7.99 per month or $79.99 for an annual subscription.
- Disney also offers a Hulu and ESPN+ bundle for $13.99 per month.