Daybell and his wife, Lori Vallow Daybell, were charged with murdering Lori Vallow’s children, JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, and then burying them on Daybell’s property in Rexburg, Idaho. Phone data from Alex Cox led investigators to Chad Daybell’s property.
- Chad Daybell has pleaded not guilty to the murder charges.
- His wife, Lori Vallow, has been deemed not competent to stand trial. She hasn’t entered a plea yet.
What did Chad Daybell’s kids say about him?
On the upcoming “48 Hours,” Daybell’s children — Mark, Leah, Seth, Garth and Emma — will defend their father, according to a new release sent to the Deseret News.
- “It’s completely unthinkable,” said Leah Murphy, his daughter.
- “My father needs someone to be a voice for him,” Emma Murray will say on the episode, according to a release. “To let people know what’s real, what we know.”
Emma Murray will say in the episode of “48 Hours” that her father was framed, too.
- “He was framed,” she said. “This is his property. If there’s bodies buried here, it would be attributed to him.”
- “I think it’s pretty clear it was Lori and Alex,” Emma Murray said. “Alex came … and left for periods of time. … We don’t know … what exactly he was doing.”
When does the Chad Daybell special come out?
“The Secrets of Chad Daybell’s Backyard” will air on Wednesday, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. MT.