Will Iron Man return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Robert Downey Jr. hasn’t completely closed the door.
- “Today” host Hoda Kotb asked Downey if he was sad over ending his run as Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Downey: “Now that I’m middle-aged, to be honest, you start looking at the back nine and you go, ‘Oh, this is part of the journey as you … that things end.’ You know, everyone is going somewhere.”
- Kotb asked Downey if the door is open for him to return since people keep asking.
- Downey: “Those might be — what do they call it? — the stages of grief? I’m not sure ... I am so pleased, just that, I wound up where I have. I’m very fortunate so, I’m not the kind of guy who — I want to try to keep it classy. We’ll see.”
More comments: Downey has been hinting at a possible return — or at least not ruling it out — during his press run for “Dolittle,” as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- He told “Extra” he could return eventually but it’s hard to say.
- RDJ: “Yeah, anything could happen. ... As far as I’m concerned, I hung up my guns and I’m good to let it go. I also think Marvel is on this journey now and they’re trying a bunch of other stuff, and I’m excited for them to see how all that goes. It’s hard to project.”
Rumors: There are several rumors about RDJ’s future in the MCU.