- “We are going to break up the theme parks. Not just one or two brands, it is many different parts of the theme park industry.”
- The state’s Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly will reveal the guidelines Tuesday at noon PT (1 p.m. MT).
- It’s unclear what the guidelines will look like.
- Newsom said he is “stubborn on a health-first data-driven process that is done with our eyes widen open … so we avoid any further increase in transmissions.”
- California did not issue guidelines for how theme parks within the state can reopen, causing Disneyland to keep its doors closed.
- Since then, Newsom recently sent state health officials to Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood to review policies at work there. He recently sent people down to Disney World, which I wrote about for Deseret.