- Shelton tried to trick 16-year-old singer Tate Brusa (who is from Salt Lake City) into joining his team after Jonas tried to snag Brusa first.
- Brusa earned the judges attention after singing Ed Sheeran’s song “Perfect.” Jonas and Shelton both turned their seats.
- Jonas tried to persuade Brusa to join his team by playing a guitar and letting Brusa sing again.
- Shelton did something else — he brought up a puppy named Snowflake out to persuade Brusa to join him.
- Shelton said: “Tate, I want you to know that if you don’t choose me as your coach, this puppy is gonna go straight back to the animal shelter.”
- Tate still chose Team Jonas.