What’s going on:
- Dawson will star on the second season of the critically acclaimed Disney Plus show, which followed the adventures of bounty hunter Mando and his young companion Baby Yoda (real name: The Child.
- Dawson will reportedly play the role of Ahsoka Tano, a Jedi apprentice who has been seen in the animated shows “The Clone Wars” and “Star Wars Rebels,” according to SlashFilm.
- Tano was famously the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker, who became Darth Vader.
- SlashFilm reports: “This is a fan-casting dream come true.”
Dawson’s history with the character
- In 2017, fans on social media called for Dawson to appear as the character in a “Star Wars” movie as Ahsoka. She responded to the rumors.
- She wrote: “Ummmm … yes, please?! #AhsokaLives”
- Dawson told “Good Morning America” that “it would be amazing” to play the role, too.
Season 2 of ‘The Mandalorian’ takes shape
- As I wrote about for the Deseret News, the show’s second season will likely include characters from the Skywalker saga, which wrapped up with the release of “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” back in December 2019.
- Season 2 will air in fall 2020 with “several established characters” from the franchise, according to Deadline.
ComicBook.com speculated on a number of characters who could appear, including: