Prince Charles has finally opened up about his coronavirus diagnosis, admitting that he believes he is “on the other side” of the illness.
- In a video announcement, Prince Charles — the son of Queen Elizabeth II — said he is feeling better following his COVID-19 diagnosis last week.
- Prince Charles said he will continue to practice social distancing, though.
- He said: “Having recently gone through the process of contracting this coronavirus, luckily with relatively mild symptoms, I now find myself on the other side of the illness but still in no less a state of social distance and general isolation.
- According to USA Today, Prince Charles is being held at the Clarence House.
- Clarence House told USA Today that Prince Charles was allowed to leave self-isolation after seven days, which aligns with the guidelines from the U.K. government.
Does Queen Elizabeth II have the coronavirus?
- No. But Prince Charles last saw Queen Elizabeth II during a public awards event on March 12, according to CNN. She has since canceled all public events and moved to the Windsor Castle for the time being.
- Other British officials, like Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Health Secretary Matt Hancock, have tested positive for COVID-19.