“Agents of SHIELD” will likely have a crossover with the Marvel Cinematic Universe during the show’s final season, the producers said in a new interview.
What’s going on:
- “Agents of SHIELD” producers Jed Whedon, Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell recently told Deadline that the final season would likely “bump into something” from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Whedon: “We’re going to bump into something,”
- Loeb: “Yeah, we’ll bump into something,”
- Bell: “Something will definitely happen.”
What it means:
- Per ComicBook.com: “While that’s certainly not confirmation that the series will end up tying in to the most recent Marvel movies, it definitely has us intrigued.”
The final season
- Whedon told Deadline the end of the show will feature a mix of telling the right story and getting the ending right.
- “Part of making a show is a puzzle and part of it is a game and you’re working with people that you’ve known for a long time to try to create something good. Then, when you come to the end there is a bit of a pressure that you want to get that right. Here, I think it’s safe to say that all of us we feel like the audience will feel the thing we wanted them to feel in the end and will feel satisfied with the ending. I also think that the emotion of having a last season and knowing it’s the end is heavy. I think that that carries into the episodes and carries into the storyline and the performances, and all of it. So, we’re happy with it and we’re actually happy to revisit it as we watch it, because we finished it a while ago.”
- “Agents of SHIELD” dropped the trailer for its final season on April 28. The trailer had a brief teaser of Thanos and his famous Snap, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.