NBA 2K21 is set to release in fall 2020 despite the coronavirus pandemic and rumors that the game would not be released on time.
- Sony hosted a new showcase of new games for the company’s next console, the PlayStation 5. Games introduced included a new “Spider-Man” game and a number of new projects.
- One of the trailers released was for NBA 2K21, the latest installment of the NBA 2K franchise, but showed very little except for Zion Williamson taking some shots in an empty gym, dunking and breaking an entire rim.
- Watch the entire trailer for the new game below.
- NBA 2K21 often releases on PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PC and the Nintendo Switch.
- Rumors suggested for months that NBA 2K21 would be delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic. In April, Forbes predicted the game would be delayed.
- “NBA 2K usually releases in September, but when you consider the state of the world and the various industries impacted by the spread of COVID-19, it would seem there is a possibility NBA 2K21 could be delayed–but that might not be a bad thing.”